[BlueOnyx:02129] Re: PHP changes BQ->BO

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 14 17:23:32 -05 2009

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have migrated some sites and it seems a few things have to be done
> perhaps to php.ini when coming from the php4 on BQ to the php5 on the BO
> server? Can someone lend some guidance on the most popular changes
> needed to basic sites? For instance, right now I have a site that uses
> the tectite.com formmail.php, but it gives an error about not receiving
> any data from the POST. Also have some old osCommerce sites not wanting
> to work no BO. Both of these scripts seem to use a lot of constants, is
> that something that might need tweaking in the php.ini?

Hi Robert,
Your OSCommerce sites, depending on the version, may need quite a bit of
tweaking in order to function on PHP5.   Some time ago we brought in
some OSC sites that were set up using the old Nuonce configurator.  The
CVS versions needed a lot of little hacks in order to run on PHP5.   I
will look to see if we still have any notes from back then.   What
version OSC are the sites you're having trouble with?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services