[BlueOnyx:02274] Re: Dovecot issues?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Aug 30 21:23:02 -05 2009

Hi Gregg,

> Ok, the lsof command did not work on my system

You need to be root to run it and preferably su from admin to root using the
"su -" command. Because that will add the /sbin and /usr/sbin directories to
your path, too.

Or use the full path to lsof, which would be this:

/usr/sbin/lsof -nu dovecot|wc -l

>  I noticed now that when I'm POPPING that account, I get one dovecot POP for
>  each of the messages that are on the server still.  Could this be true?

Hmm ... I don't think so. I'd expect one pop process per login per account.