[BlueOnyx:02276] Re: Dovecot issues?

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Sun Aug 30 22:59:24 -05 2009

> Ok, the lsof command did not work on my system

You need to be root to run it and preferably su from admin to root using the

"su -" command. Because that will add the /sbin and /usr/sbin directories to

your path, too.

Or use the full path to lsof, which would be this:

/usr/sbin/lsof -nu dovecot|wc -l

>  I noticed now that when I'm POPPING that account, I get one dovecot POP
for
>  each of the messages that are on the server still.  Could this be true?

Hmm ... I don't think so. I'd expect one pop process per login per account.

Ok, I think I resolved the too many dovecot issue, I think it was being
caused by my outlook. I killed outlook, restarted my system and now it's
only popping once.

Now if I can only figure out why I get network errors while connected via
ssh.  I have a BQ server on the same VMware host and running ssh side by
side, when the BO ssh closes with network error, the BQ ssh stays open just
fine.

The lsof command showed up at 169, which seems to be OK.