[BlueOnyx:00513] Re: disable built in webmail

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 12 15:12:11 -05 2009

Hi Rex,

> Can anyone suggest a way to disable webmail (access)?
> We have our own external systems and don't want to confuse the users
> with the built in webmail.

BlueOnyx is modular, so you can actually remove modules that you don't want to
use. To uninstall Squirrelmail run this commands:

rpm -e --nodeps \
base-squirrelmail-capstone \
base-squirrelmail-glue \
base-squirrelmail-locale-da_DK \
base-squirrelmail-locale-de_DE \
base-squirrelmail-locale-en \
base-squirrelmail-locale-ja \
base-squirrelmail-ui \
squirrelmail

Then restart AdmServ, CCEd and Apache:

/etc/init.d/admserv restart
/etc/init.d/cced.init restart
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

Short of that you can just remove two files to disable Squirrelmail - however,
these may come back during YUM updates:

To *just* remove the menu entry from "Personal Profile", delete or move this
file:

/usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/squirrelmail/squirrelmail.xml

To disable the ability to login to Squirrelmail, also delete or move this
file:

/etc/admserv/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf

This requires a restart of AdmServ:

/etc/init.d/admserv restart