[BlueOnyx:00534] Re: Boot BX installer from USB memory key?

Kenneth Allan kenneth at domain-nameit.net
Mon Feb 16 22:14:23 -05 2009

I've got an MSI P1-104A2M server that I bought from Raqware about 15
months ago, currently has BQ installed. I haven't gotten around to
rotating it into production use yet, and have decided to try BX on it.

This server does not have a CD-ROM drive, and I do not have a USB CD
drive. I do, however, have several multigig USB memory keys. According
the the MSI website, the server BIOS does support Boot from USB Device 1.1
and 2.0.

save yourself a lot of work...
just pop the top off the server box
use a regular old ATA-CD drive
plug the drive into the ATA connector on the motherboard
make sure the CD drive jumpers are set for master
make sure the drive is connected at the cable end
set boot to CD

--
Open Source Listserver Mirror Archives http://www.bluequartz.us/phpBB2/

believed to be clean.