[BlueOnyx:00535] Issue with /etc/cron.half-hourly/fix_cce_and_dovecot.sh

Taco Scargo taco at scargo.nl
Tue Feb 17 03:45:12 -05 2009

On my Aventurin based BlueOnyx system I see that through cron.d every minute
the following script is executed:

/etc/cron.half-hourly/fix_cce_and_dovecot.sh

Executing thie script causes these entries in /var/log/secure:
Feb 17 09:39:01 hosting1 crond[29731]: pam_loginuid(crond:session):
set_loginuid failed opening loginuid

One entry for every minute of the day. The error message leads me to believe
it has a problem becoming root, which is strange because other cron-scripts
are running fine.

The script itself is short:

#!/bin/bash

if [ ! -S /usr/sausalito/cced.socket ]; then
    /etc/init.d/cced.init restart >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

if [ ! -S /var/run/dovecot/login/default ]; then
   /etc/init.d/dovecot restart >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

I don't have any other BlueOnyx machines around at the moment, so would be
grateful if someone would check wether he/she has similar warnings in
/var/log/secure ...

Regards,

Taco