[BlueOnyx:00555] Brian type permissions question..

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Wed Feb 18 12:38:20 -05 2009

Oh Brian where are you!?

I am going to dedicate this question to Brian, because it's typical of
the sort of rubbish I regularly sent his way.

I seem to have some sort of fundamental permissions problem with PHP &
BO (or pehraps PHP and ME)

I have my /home/sites/www.foo.com/web/ folder - just to avoid issues -
I've set it to RWX RWX R or 774 for now. I then would probably go 744
later.  I have admin as the owner (which is default), and site1 as the
group (also default). So this should all just work.

And it does -  works fine on all my BQ sites - but for some reason -
I'm getting 403 forbidden on this BO box.

If I change the group to apache - then it works. But I don't want to
do that.
If I change it back to site1 group - and then apply 777 - then it
works. But I REALLY don't want to do that.

Any takers on this one?

Brian!?? Are you lurking there someplace!

Perhaps you are really Michael - the same person? Hmm!?

...help

Jeff