[BlueOnyx:00648] Re: Problem with CMU

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 25 05:23:09 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> I heard from somebody offlist who mentioned:
> "Not certain if this will help you or not, but look for the 2.63 version
> of cmuimport.  It sounds like you are using 2.53 which had the same
> problems in BQ (which is where I am coming from)."
>
> Well, I'm using whatever version of CMU comes out of the box with BX:
> # rpm -qa 5106R-cmu
> 5106R-cmu-2.66-0BQ20.centos5
>
> So according to RPM, this "looks like" CMU 2.66.
>
> But then I see:
> # cmuImport --help
> Reading config file: /etc/cmu/cmuConfig.xml
> /usr/sbin/cmuImport version 2.53 calling Getopt::Std::getopts (version
> 1.05 [paranoid]),
> running under Perl version 5.8.8.
>
> According to cmu, it's 2.53.

The CMU on BlueOnyx is version 2.66-0BQ20, BUT it may write into the CMU xml
files that it's version 2.53. You can safely ignore that, as it has nothing to
do with the problem.

> Here is the content from /home/cmu/cmu.log:
> INFO: /usr/sbin/cmuImport called
> INFO: /usr/sbin/cmuImport started on Tue Feb 24 08:19:27 2009
> INFO: /usr/sbin/cmuImport running version: 2.53
> INFO: Session ID is 1761
> INFO: Modified files will be renamed filename.1761
> INFO: /usr/sbin/cmuImport running in directory:
> /home/.users/112/admin/restore/
> ERROR: Cannot adjust to this platform

Ok, here we got the real problem:

> ERROR: Cannot adjust to this platform

Chris, are you migrating that site back from BlueOnyx to BlueQuartz? Because
as is the BlueQuartz CMU doesn't "know" BlueOnyx yet, so it may fail to
import.

That reminds me that I may have to roll up a PKG for BlueQuartz with an
updated CMU that actually supports BlueOnyx.