[BlueOnyx:01551] Re: E-mail and FTP problem

Stuart Clark (Datacenta) stuart.clark at datacenta.net
Wed Jul 1 11:34:17 -05 2009

>>On 30 Jun 2009, at 10:24, Stuart Clark (Datacenta) wrote:
>> I have setup a site www.domain.com and have disabled e-mail for
domain
>> and removed the e-mail server alias as the mail is handled elsewhere.
>> The client has a contact us form which uses a PHP mailer. The
>> problem is
>> that when this form is submitted the server is throwing the following
>> error.
>>
>> Your message

Hi

Trying to grep from within the /etc/mail folder did not produce any
output no matter how long I waited. I ended up using grep "azizcorp.com"
/etc/mail/* instead which produced a quick print out.
The results of the grep are as follows:

/etc/mail/access:### Start Block Email for Virtual Site: test.domain.com
###
/etc/mail/access:domain.com           ERROR:5.1.1:550 User unknown
/etc/mail/access:test.domain.com              ERROR:5.1.1:550 User
unknown
/etc/mail/access:### END Block Email for Virtual Site: test.domain.com
###
Binary file /etc/mail/access.db matches
/etc/mail/local-host-names:www.domain.com
/etc/mail/virtusertable:@www.domain.com       error:nouser No such user
here
/etc/mail/virtusertable:sys at www.domain.com    sys
/etc/mail/virtusertable:majordomo at www.domain.com      site6-majordomo
/etc/mail/virtusertable:owner-majordomo at www.domain.com
site6-owner-majordomo
/etc/mail/virtusertable:majordomo-owner at www.domain.com
site6-majordomo-owner
/etc/mail/virtusertable:root at www.domain.com   root
/etc/mail/virtusertable:nobody at www.domain.com nobody
/etc/mail/virtusertable:MAILER-DAEMON at www.domain.com  MAILER-DAEMON
/etc/mail/virtusertable:apache at www.domain.com apache
/etc/mail/virtusertable:asis-nh1 at www.domain.com       asis-nh1
/etc/mail/virtusertable:robertn at www.domain.com        asis-nh1
Binary file /etc/mail/virtusertable.db matches

One thing I have noticed from this is that when the original site was on
test.domain.com there were entries created in the /etc/mail/access file
but when the change was made over to the host name of www.domain.com
there are no corresponding entries.

Regards,

Stuart

>>On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 10:24 +0100, Stuart Clark (Datacenta) wrote:
>> Issue 1
>>
>> I have setup a site www.domain.com and have disabled e-mail for
domain
>> and removed the e-mail server alias as the mail is handled elsewhere.
>> The client has a contact us form which uses a PHP mailer. The problem
>> is
>> that when this form is submitted the server is throwing the following
>> error.
>
>Do you have anything under Services -> Email for this vsite? If this
>server is not handling email for the domain, don't specify any Email
>Server Aliases, no need to disable.
>
>--
>Robert

I have tried it disabled without the e-mail alias and enabled without
the e-mail alias. No change.

> Hi
>
> Two issues.
>
> Issue 1
>
> I have setup a site www.domain.com and have disabled e-mail for domain
> and removed the e-mail server alias as the mail is handled elsewhere.
> The client has a contact us form which uses a PHP mailer. The problem
is
> that when this form is submitted the server is throwing the following
> error.
>
> Your message

There is no DNS set on this box and we use external DNS servers which
show the records to be correct:

domain.com.		IN	MX	10 mail.domain.com.
domain.com.		IN	MX	20 mail2.domain.com.
mail.domain.com.	IN	A	X.X.X.175 (external mail)
www.domain.com.	IN	A	X.X.X.130 (BO)
mail2.domain.com.	IN	A	X.X.X.37 (external mail)