[BlueOnyx:01556] Re: amend a posting

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 2 05:38:35 -05 2009

Hi Stuart,

> Please could you amend my posting here:
> http://www.bluequartz.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94265

Sorry, but I can't do that. I have no control over www.bluequartz.us, as
that's someone elses domain which is hosted elsewhere.

BlueOnyx.it has it's own web frontend to the mailing list archives. I could
edit messages in there, but it's quite a bit of work and may not lead to the
desired results. One has to delete the entire HTML output of the archive, has
to  dig out that one email, change it and then rebuild the archive from
scratch. Aside from that all the search engines have already spidered the
archives (ours and bluequartz.us). So even *if* I change your prior message in
our archive, the unmodified one will still be available through Google cache
and archive.org (and others). :o/