[BlueOnyx:01586] Vmware and vmware tools

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Sat Jul 4 20:22:56 -05 2009

Hello,
I wonder if any of you guys have had similar issues.  I have run BQ servers
on vmware servers for a while now.  I never have had any problems. I have
the vmware tools installed on all the BQ vm servers.
I recently put up a BlueOnyx server on the vmware platform, and it seemed to
run just fine.  I have noticed recently though since I started using it more
that I get timed out from time to time while connected to it via ssh.  I
decided to install the vmware tools on it to see if that will help with the
time out issues. I'm running across a problem, the vmware tools is not
installing.  I'm getting stuck on the location of the C header files that
match the running kernel.  The default is /usr/src/linux/include but that
does not seem to work.  Anyone have a clue of what the problem could be? Or
what could be causing my time out issues with the server?
Thanks.