[BlueOnyx:01597] Re: tmp full!??!

Paul paul at planetcentral.net
Mon Jul 6 13:12:39 -05 2009

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. wrote:

> Paul
>
> It seems like there is a way to symlink  /tmp to  /home/tmp
> That might be the thing to do.
>
> According to an old post by Jes Kasper Klittum in a Jan 11 2007  BQ list
> post:
> "If your /tmp/partition is too small, then you could unmount /tmp, remove
> the /tmp entry from /etc/fstab, then;
>

> mkdir /home/tmp
> ln -s /home/tmp /tmp
> chmod 1772 /home/tmp
>
> That would put /tmp on your /home partition, which is probably larger
> than your /tmp partition.
> "
>

> ----
> Ken Marcus
> Ecommerce Web Hosting by
> Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
> http://www.precisionweb.net

Many thanks Ken.

However after a Mail server Failure for the last 2 days on another
machine, i've already started to re-install :(

So - since i'm about to re-install from scratch, Please could someone
tell me how to manually adjust the /tmp partition size in BO??

Have tried to change the existing one in "self" config. I remove /tmp
and /home, but trying to recreate anything fails stating that i have to
input a mountpoint....(nothing else has one configured...)

I'll be looking to increase the /tmp to somewhere between 4 and 6 gig,
whhich will get me over the problem hopefully!!!

Thanks guys again for all the help :)

Paul