[BlueOnyx:01603] Re: tmp full!??!

Paul paul at planetcentral.net
Tue Jul 7 17:21:48 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>

>> So - since i'm about to re-install from scratch, Please could someone
>> tell me how to manually adjust the /tmp partition size in BO??
>>
>> Have tried to change the existing one in "self" config. I remove /tmp
>> and /home, but trying to recreate anything fails stating that i have to
>> input a mountpoint....(nothing else has one configured...)
>>

> Yes, you have to specify a mountpoint. To do so, navigate up to the topmost
> line in that mask and enter the mountpoint for the partition you're creating.
>
> Which means: /tmp or /home.

Michael,

Nope... Not completely sure what you mean by "topmost line in the mask",
however if i create with mountpoints of /tmp and /home, it comes back
with "must have a / partition to install on" :(
 and of course you cant have any two mountpoints the same...

so if i create tmp with a mountpoint of /tmp, and home with a mountpoint
of /home, it refuses to create as it needs a "/" partition to install
on. I havent dont anything other than removing /home and /tmp, and
attempting to re-create them with different sizes (larger /tmp, smaller
/home)!!!

Paul