[BlueOnyx:01651] Re: Slammed with Spammer

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Jul 11 22:46:23 -05 2009

Sounds like a very handy tool.

I'm safe as far as SSH is concerned, I've got that port and Telnet blocked at my front-door router.  But I'm sick of hacking attempts via FTP, POP3, and SMTP auth.  And just as our earlier friend - I've had many instances of someone guessing passwords (usually stupid stuff like username "info" and password "info").

Besides parsing the /var/log/secure file - can you configure DenyHosts to parse /var/log/maillog and lock out those IPs guessing POP3 passwords??

Chuck