[BlueOnyx:01667] Re: BlueQuartz ssl_perl.conf Problem

Aaron Greenspan aarong at thinkcomputer.com
Mon Jul 13 11:27:54 -05 2009

Hi again,

Problem solved: the solution was to remove the mod_perl 2.0.3 that had
been installed by the update and replace it with mod_perl 1.9.9, which
had been on the server before. Everything else that was updated appears
to have worked fine. Why mod_perl 2.0.3 isn't backward-compatible for a
task that mainly appears to involve string parsing is beyond me.

This wasn't the result of my trying to hack a later version of Apache by
the way--it was just the result of running "yum update" and installing
what looked to be minor fixes. Risky, I know, but not unreasonable to do
once in a while on a system that suffers a lot of the usual attacks that
servers do.

Looking back, it would have saved many nighttime hours of aggravation if
BlueQuartz's packages (also updated by yum at the same time) had
complained about being incompatible with mod_perl 2.0.3, since they are.
I'll get around to upgrading to BlueOnyx one of these days...

Aaron

Aaron Greenspan
President & CEO
Think Computer Corporation