[BlueOnyx:01743] Re: running with HP ProLiant DL360 G4 Server series

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Jul 16 09:25:03 -05 2009

I got PortSentry here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sentrytools/files/

I just untarred the files, made some changes to the conf file and ran make.
I had to install some scripts in the cron directories, but since I had a
working install on my BQ box, I was able to duplicate it on my BX machine.

I switch to the PAE kernel because the regular kernel wouldn't access the
6GB of RAM in mine.  It was a regular YUM INSTALL and then edit GRUB like:

yum install kernel-PAE

Afterwards check /boot/grub/grub.conf

In it you will find a line that starts with "default=" followed by a
number. That number there defines which kernel is uses by default on
startup.

PLEASE NOTE: The counting starts with zero, so if the 1st kernel is the
default kernel then the number should be 0 and your line should read:

default=0

Further below you find all the kernels that are installed on your system.

Check which one is the PAE kernel. If the PAE kernel is the 2nd kernel,
then change the "default=" line to this:

default=1

Then reboot the box and it should boot with the PAE kernel by default.

I am not using iLO yet, what does it provide for me?

I haven't updated any firmware yet, should I looking out for anything in
particular?