[BlueOnyx:01768] Re: The setting returns to an initial value when the server is rebooted.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jul 18 02:52:14 -05 2009

Hi Hideki,

> Are you using the port number of SSH ?
> I want to use number of "909" on SSH.
> So I am setting this number on "Network Service" - "Shell".
>
> But, when I reboot a Server, Port number is back on "22".

I haven't seen that before. When you change the SSH port through the GUI, then
the custom port you want SSH to listen on is written to /etc/ssh/sshd_config

When you reboot the server (or restart CCEd), your existing
/etc/ssh/sshd_config will be read in and the port SSH listens on is stored in
the GUI.

You could even edit the port in /etc/ssh/sshd_config manually and the next
time you reboot (or restart CCEd) the GUI will show the correct port.

There is nothing in BlueOnyx that resets the SSH port on server reboot or CCEd
restart - EXCEPT during the very first start after a fresh install. Because
then it writes the default port 22 into sshd_config. But it shouldn't revert
back to the default on its own at any time after the first startup.

> In addition, It is backing a "Personal Profile" - "Account" -
> "Language Preference", too

That is a known issue, yeah. We're looking into that. But it has nothing to do
with your SSH problem.

Please test the following:

Use the GUI to set your SSH port to "909". Save the changes.

Through SSH and as "root" restart the service CCEd:

/etc/init.d/cced.init restart

Once that command has finished, reload the GUI page "Network Service" -
"Shell" and check if the port has reverted back to "22".