[BlueOnyx:01839] Re: Second Server Hacked

Mark E. Levy mlevy at etaent.com
Mon Jul 27 08:39:17 -05 2009

It the olden days of hubs, this was indeed a real danger. However, unless the perp also has administrative access to the switch and can set up a monitor port (assuming that the switch has that capability, AND the BQ/BO server is on the same switch), merely plugging in a sniffer to an open port will only net them broadcast packets.

M Levy
ETA