[BlueOnyx:01402] Re: FTP issues

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 15 19:42:31 -05 2009

Alan Kline wrote:
> I'm a newbie BX users, and returning after a long absence to
> command-line Linux. In the process of learning, I added "rpmforge" to my
> list of yum repos. I must not have done something right, as this
> morning's yum update changed quite a few packages.

Uh oh.   rpmforge does NOT belong with BX.   Installing, as you found,
will cause things to go very wrong.    The 2 do not coexist.

As others on the list have also found (so don't think you're the only
one!) you will never be able to make it work right.

Here is a procedure blatantly copied/pasted from Michael Stauber that
has gotten previous users back running again:

As "root" from SSH go to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and remove any third party YUM
repository file that's there. That should leave you with the following
files
in /etc/yum.repos.d/:

BlueOnyx.repo
CentOS-Base.repo
CentOS-Media.repo
Solarspeed-BlueOnyx.repo

Then downgrade phpMyAdmin to the BlueOnyx version:

rpm -hUv --force --nodeps \
http://www.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS5/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.4-2.centos5.noarch.rpm

Good luck!   Oh, and stay away from rpmforge on an appliance server!  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services