[BlueOnyx:01423] Re: Email Alias issues (Michael Stauber)

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. kenmarcus at precisionweb.net
Tue Jun 16 13:36:56 -05 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Davis" <steve at zio.com>

Am I correct to surmise that the BO scripts also execute the makemap
function. I notice after modifying an account in the BO interface the
virtusertable.db and alias.db are updated.

No alias email is delivered, most of the time bounces. All userid email is
delivered.

The virtusertable and alias files appear to have the correct format.
Compiling them with hash and makemap produces no errors.

So i am coming to the conculsion that the CMU import has destroyed the
sendmail process. If I cannot resolve this quickly, i may have to rebuild
sendmail or the BO Server from scratch.

Unless some one has another more drastic suggestion.

<<

Do you have an MX record for both the
domain.com
and
www.domain.com

Yes, you need that.
E.g.
domain.com            MX of --> mail.domain.com
www.domain.com  MX of --> mail.domain.com

Also, do you have domain.com  in the "email server alias" field in the GUI?
Try adding it, if it is not there,  and then restarting sendmail. I normally
have domain.com  and mail.domain.com   in the "email server alias" field.

----
Ken Marcus
Ecommerce Web Hosting by
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.