[BlueOnyx:01516] Re: Slammed with Spammer

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.com.mx
Sat Jun 27 14:07:31 -05 2009

Get a copy of one of the emails before deletinen your mail queue,

Look for the headers and Find the originating IP/IPS, Time of delivery and
mailbox used (might show the mailbox you hsould block /delete).

If apache at yourserver.com is the culprit then you should look for a php
script within your websites (take into account that it might also be inside
the users web folders)

Search /var/log/maillog for more clues at the time of the email delivery

Look for smtp auth entries at the time of the spamming,

If apache is the culprit you will have to dive into
/vat/log/httpd/access_log and error_log

Look at the time of the spamming and search for php scripts. There is a
c99.php script that we have found more than once.

HTH

Rodrigo O
Xnet