[BlueOnyx:01519] Re: Slammed with Spammer

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Jun 27 19:03:46 -05 2009

Also check your webmail package logs.  We had one guess a username/password and was using a BQ server as a relay with SMTP Auth.  I shut that down and it was OK for a couple days.  Then I noticed a ton of crap going thru us again. Turns out he was using the OpenWebMail package to send it out.

I finally just blocked his whole stinkin' country with our front-door router.  Fixed that garbage!  Of course - I also deleted the account he was using.  Any user stupid enough to change his password to the same thing as his username is too stupid to use my service!!

Chuck