[BlueOnyx:00720] Re: BlueOnyx 5.2 on VMware Player

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Thu Mar 5 15:48:09 -05 2009

Hi all,

I just thought I would share this link - which is a really good / easy
to follow 'howto' of how to expand LVM Volumes. It's written with
VMWare in mind, but (as in my case) I am booting Virtual Iron BX VMs
from SAN, you just increase your SAN volume size, and then start from
step 2).

The only other issue is that, as Blue Onyx is Centos 5, there is no
Ext2Online - for step 5), you have to use Resize2fs (the Centos 5
version you can run without having to shut down).

So I have used this guide many times to extend /Home for BQ and BX.

http://flavins.net/blog/linux/expanding-lvm-drives-in-vmware/

Hope someone finds it useful!

Cheers,

Jeff