[BlueOnyx:00737] Re: php from solarspeed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 9 02:59:23 -05 2009

Hi Stephanie,

> It seems Brian's php5 had both mySQL and mysqli - so I think it's possible.

Yeah, according to http://de.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.installation.php it is
possible.

I just got as far as getting both the native mysql support and pdo_mysql up
and running on BlueOnyx with PHP-5.2.8. But tring to get all three (MySQL
Client Library, mysqli and PDO MYSQL) compiled in usually leads to something
blowing up either during configure, compile or when trying to load the module.

The PHP bugtracker is full with reports from people with similar experience,
so it ain't that easy, although rumor has it it's doable <shrug>.

> Imagemagick is something I have several sites actively
> using. Does very nice quality image manipulation.

Yeah, and it's a first grade dependency hell. I have it on my list, though.