[BlueOnyx:00818] Re: Updates to boot choices?

Tony Loosle tony-blue at s1-i.net
Wed Mar 18 12:41:45 -05 2009

Michael,

I was wrong.  The BX iso will not see the drive.    CentOS, does.

I wonder what CentOS sees that the BX iso does not?

Also, I still have that server for you.

Tony

On 3/18/2009 at 2:26 AM Michael Stauber wrote:

>This encoded message has been converted to an attachment.
>
>Hi Tony,

> Still wondering if the old choice for a new setup will be
>brought back?
> IE, the raid 0 or whatever it was called.

Yes, it will
>come back. Not ETA on it, though, as I'm working on some other
odds and
>sods at the moment.

> i loaded pure centos on a new server and it found
>the raid driver without a
> problem, but the BX disk will install but not
>boot.

Hmmm ... that's weird. And I guess a BlueOnyx ISO with the extra
>RAID0 option
won't help you there either, as it probably won't boot,
>too.

> Is the next best thing to just do a .tar install?

Yes, it looks
>like that would be (at this time) the best approach. Am
currently working
>on an updated TAR-ball installer. Will be ready in about two
hours.

If
>you use the current one, keep two things in mind before you use it:

1.)
>/home

/home must be a separate partition and it must have quotas enabled.
>You can
enable quotas this way:

#  Setup quotas;
   /bin/mount -o
>remount /home
   /sbin/quotacheck -cuga
   /sbin/quotaon -aug

2.)
>SELinux

SELinux must be turned off. For that edit /etc/selinux/config and
>set ...

SELINUX=disabled

Then save the changes and reboot. Reboot after
>modifying this file is not
optional; it's mandatory.

3.) Afterwards run
>the install.sh that comes with the TAR-ball installer.

The revised
>installer will check for this things prior to running and will
give these
>instructions as well if required.

Michael
>Stauber