[BlueOnyx:00829] Re: Mail not importing with cmuImport

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 19 19:56:34 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>> Still having this issue trying to convert BQ->BO using CMU, I checked
>> all you mentioned above and responded yesterday. Seems the mail is
>> coming over fine with the tar balls, but will not export just that one
>> file 'mbox'.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Has anyone ever had this type of issue?
>
> I just tested it, too. And ... <sigh> ... I can replicate the problem. The
> 137MB mailspool on my most recent test-migration didn't get restored either.
>
> Am looking into it at the moment; cursing at every line of code in that
> abnomination called CMU. :p

It's an intermittent little bugger which makes it all the more
frustrating.   Yes, it's easy enough to fix once you know it, but with
hundreds / thousands of users it's not practical to check every one of
them.  So you usually wind up responding to a ticket titled something
like "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY EMAIL? ITS ALL GONE NOW GET IT BACK YOU
IDIOTS!"   Which is always a treat.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services