[BlueOnyx:00830] Re: Mail not importing with cmuImport

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 19 20:11:58 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> It's an intermittent little bugger which makes it all the more
> frustrating.   Yes, it's easy enough to fix once you know it, but with
> hundreds / thousands of users it's not practical to check every one of
> them.

Yeah, absolutely. And it would even be nicer if CMU did hollar that it didn't
import a certain users mailspool. Mine didn't in this case.

> So you usually wind up responding to a ticket titled something
> like "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY EMAIL? ITS ALL GONE NOW GET IT BACK YOU
> IDIOTS!"   Which is always a treat.

Yeah, especially those people who just use IMAP and leave every email they
ever get on the server. Especially the important ones. When I hear stuff like
that I think of the Rambo III movies for two reasons: I want to go on a
rampage with some large caliber gun (for one reason) and for that funny quote
from that Afghan:  "God must love crazy people! He makes so many of them!" :o)

I'll see what I can do about CMU.