[BlueOnyx:00832] Sendmail & RBLs

support support at eceb.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 13:33:09 -05 2009

I cannot for the life of me work out why this is not working; I guess I am
missing some small detail that is big!

No spam is being blocked - DNS is fine, this has been 2 weeks since I made
the following changes:
--------------------------
#cd /etc/mail/
#vi sendmail.mc
find the lines:
	dnl FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`bl.spamcop.net',`',`t',`Spam blocked see:
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?$&{client_addr}')dnl
	dnl FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org',`',`t',`Spam blocked - see
http://ordb.org/')dnl
Add: (just above the "FEATURE(enhdnsbl...")
	FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`zen.spamhaus.org',`',`t',`Spam blocked - see
http://www.spamhaus.org/')dnl
#cp sendmail.mc /usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc
#service sendmail restart
I can see no-one barred and I'm still getting spam from IP's that are listed
in zen.spamhaus.org.

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Charles