[BlueOnyx:00850] Re: Can't get past intro.html

Greg O'Lone blueonyxlist at stretchedout.com
Sun Mar 22 20:43:42 -05 2009

On Mar 22, 2009, at 9:12 pm, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
>> I'm having a problem with a server I'm setting up. Using the 3/18/09
>> CD, The machine goes through the motions of setting up, does the yum
>> update and then I try to log with a browser and I can't get past the
>> intro.html page. Clicking the "start" button takes me back to the
>> same
>> page.
>
> It's not a bug, it's a feature. At this point your server is freshly
> set up
> and the default "admin" password should be "blueonyx". The
> intro.html page has
> that password hard coded in in order to let you finish the web based
> setup.
>
> However, you already changed your password from the command line -
> hence the
> intro.html page doesn't let you auto-login to the web based setup.
>
> So change the password back to "blueonyx", login to the GUI, get
> past the
> intro.html page and then set the admin password during the web based
> setup.

Michael,

In the time since I wrote the last email, I reinstalled BlueOnyx from
the 3/18/09 CD. When all was said and done and I was presented with
the login prompt that tells me that the username is root and the
password is blueonyx, I logged in, followed the on-screen instructions
for setting the IP, but did not run YUM yet. Now if I go to a browser
and type the IP address, I immediately get redirected to:

http://192.168.1.241:444/intro.html

The only option I have on this screen is a "Start" button. When I
click it, I get sent to /loginHandler.php and then back to intro.html.

I'm trying the idea of changing the IP in case something got cached...
Same result.

Any other ideas?

Greg