[BlueOnyx:00858] Re: Can't get past intro.html

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 22 23:55:07 -05 2009

Hi Greg,

> Well, I am completely at a loss. Can't get it to let me past the
> intro.html file using the 2008-12-24 ISO  either. I took a quick look
> at the /etc/passwd file, and I don't see an admin user... I'm assuming
> this is where my problem lies.

Ah, yes. If you don't have an "admin" user, then this is obviously not going
to work, as user "admin" is needed for the UI to work.

Run this script from the command line as "root":

/usr/sausalito/constructor/base/user/50_addAdmin.pl

See if it gives you any errors. Afterwards (errors or not!) check /etc/passwd
and see if user "admin" is now present. If it is, you should be fine then.

If it is not present, please post the error message you got and the last 100
lines of /var/log/messages here for further debugging.

The above script is typically run when CCEd.init is started for the first time
and it's purpose is to create the admin user if he's missing.

And no, RAID is not required. BlueOnyx runs fine with and without RAID.