[BlueOnyx:00859] Re: Can't get past intro.html

Greg O'Lone blueonyxlist at stretchedout.com
Mon Mar 23 07:45:32 -05 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 12:55 am, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
>> Well, I am completely at a loss. Can't get it to let me past the
>> intro.html file using the 2008-12-24 ISO  either. I took a quick look
>> at the /etc/passwd file, and I don't see an admin user... I'm
>> assuming
>> this is where my problem lies.
>
> Ah, yes. If you don't have an "admin" user, then this is obviously
> not going
> to work, as user "admin" is needed for the UI to work.
>
> Run this script from the command line as "root":
>
> /usr/sausalito/constructor/base/user/50_addAdmin.pl
>
> See if it gives you any errors. Afterwards (errors or not!) check /
> etc/passwd
> and see if user "admin" is now present. If it is, you should be fine
> then.
>
> If it is not present, please post the error message you got and the
> last 100
> lines of /var/log/messages here for further debugging.
>
> The above script is typically run when CCEd.init is started for the
> first time
> and it's purpose is to create the admin user if he's missing.
>
> And no, RAID is not required. BlueOnyx runs fine with and without
> RAID.

Amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you... I changed the
drive and everything seems to be good now. I'll admit, I never
expected a "new from the box" drive to fail, but I've heard about it
(from the trolls that live under the bridge near my house), I'll need
to do further testing, but I think I've found my culprit.

It's too bad I can't get the manufacturer to pay me for my lost time....

Greg O