[BlueOnyx:00873] Re: Logwatch entries

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Thu Mar 26 18:00:39 -05 2009

No, I don't see any thing. Doing some digging... ProFTPd is set
(according to Webmin) not to start at boot. When I check the status:

[root at box1 pam.d]# service proftpd status
proftpd is stopped

Try to start:

[root at box1 pam.d]# service proftpd start
Starting proftpd:                                          [FAILED]

BUT... I can log on to my box with a ftp client...

chkconfig shows proftpd to be on through xinetd:

[root at box1 pam.d]# chkconfig --list
admserv        	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off
...cut...
xinetd         	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off

xinetd based services:
	chargen-dgram: 	off
	chargen-stream:	off
	daytime-dgram: 	off