[BlueOnyx:01219] Re: Blue Quartz - Blue Onyx - my random thoughts

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Wed May 13 15:18:58 -05 2009

Random indeed.

I'm sorry but I read your article and thought - yeah - so what?

Newsflash! Many open source projects rely on extreme levels of
dedication from certain extreme individuals. You know I *never* knew
that. There is nothing new in what you say - why write a blog, I don't
understand - surely if you have any questions about the development
process / progress of Blue Onyx - why not just ask the question to the
group here?

I have to say that know if there is one thing about the Internet, Web
2.0 and the 'social networking revolution' that really gets my goat,
it's that some individuals think they can write a 'controversial'
blog, and publish it if they are some sort of authoritative source...
just because it's on the Internet.

Isn't it funny though that 'good' bloggers don't have to actually
canvas their own writings, as by their nature, good content will get
shared. That's the point of a blog. You don't write a blog, and then
confront people with it. That's a sign of a bad blog I'm afraid.

I'm not flaming you - I'm just confused as to your approach here -
what were you hoping to achieve?

A better, more balanced article would have been to have asked the
group about your concerns, got some useful input, and then 'reported'
on these in your finished article. Then perhaps you could have rounded
up with some comparisons of other 'similar' projects?

That would have made from a much better blog. Don't you think?

Jeff