[BlueOnyx:02298] Deny incoming SMTP per host name

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 16:23:11 -05 2009

Hi Guys.

I am being spammed by a few domains. 800+ mails yesterday from the same 6
domains. The score is a little lower than that set in SpamAssassin and its
not viable to lower the global reject rate with spamass-milter any lower for
fear of losing genuine email. I got the offending domains from yesterdays
log watch and put them all in /etc/mail/access in the format domain.com
REJECT. Saved the file then did makemap hash /etc/mail/access <
/etc/mail/access to recreate the database from the hash. Re started Sendmail
but this did not stop mails from these domains. Maybe mail is being filtered
in SpamAssassin before being passed back to sendmail then the access
database check is made after SA has complete. If SA turns the mail to 'SPAM'
and attaches it to a new mail then SendMail wont reject it because the mail
comes from SA and not the domain in question? If this is the case would I be
better to add a line like blacklist_from *.xyx.com to the local.cf file for
SA and have that reject the message there?

Phil.