[BlueOnyx:02325] Re: Sluggish passwords

Alan Kline alan at snugglebunny.us
Wed Sep 9 08:51:27 -05 2009

Hi, Dick...

I did have hostname lookups enabled. After reading your note, I went to
the GUI and disabled lookups. After doing that, logins to ssh, sftp, and
spop3 went as quickly as they should. Then, I re-enabled lookups just to
double-check--and everything is still ok! Looks like disabling, then
re-enabling, kicked something in the tush and got things back on track.
Interesting...I rebooted the box last night and that didn't do anything,
but this did.

Thanks!

Alan