[BlueOnyx:02354] Re: backup up blueonyx using cmuexport??

Nick Coronado ncoronado at isncom.com
Fri Sep 11 11:13:51 -05 2009

Great, thanks Chris!

-----Original Message-----
From: blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it [mailto:blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it]
On Behalf Of Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:50 AM
To: BlueOnyx General Mailing List
Subject: [BlueOnyx:02353] Re: backup up blueonyx using cmuexport??

Nick Coronado wrote:
> I've looked at a few postings from folks using cmuExport to backup and

> restore their Blueonyx install. There were some mixed results with the

> older versions of CMU.

It works pretty well.

> Is this recommended? Wouldn't it be easier to do this than to backup
> individual files and folders? If the server fails, and we have
Blueonyx
> setup on another server, wouldn't it make sense to just cmuImport and
go
> from there?

Um, tha sounds a long like cmuExport from the old server and cmuImport
to the new server.   Yes, keeping a regular backup (raqbackup.sh will
help with that) and your files on an FTP server will help you with that.

   If everything goes belly-up, then you push your backup over to the
new server and restore using cmuImport.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services