[BlueOnyx:02360] No main menu after big YUM Update

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Fri Sep 11 15:23:47 -05 2009

Hi all,

I've got BX running on a test server on my desk, an MSI something or other
that I bought from Gerald about 18 months ago.  I rarely power this server
up, but have decided to spend more time getting ready to put it into
production.  So, I powered it up, and logged in via GUI, and proceeded to
do a YUM Update (via GUI).

It has something like 332 updates to install...

So, I let it go ahead, and everything appeared to proceed normally.

Since the update, when I log in to the GUI as admin, I get a nearly-blank
page instead of the main admin menu.  A PNG of the page is attached.

I've rebooted the server a couple times, didn't help.

Tried both Chrome and IE8 browsers, same result.  Both of these browsers
did work fine before the YUM Update.  Also tried an old IE6 browser on
another desktop, same problem.

Logged in via SSH and tried a YUM Clean All then YUM Update again, but
nothing is updated.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my web GUI back?

I did get a YUM Update report emailed to me, and can attach that if it is
useful.  As far as I can see, it reports a successful update.

Regards,

David Thacker