[BlueOnyx:02383] Re: No main menu after big YUM Update

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Mon Sep 14 15:57:43 -05 2009

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:23 PM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:02360] No main menu after big YUM Update

> Hi all,
>
> I've got BX running on a test server on my desk, an MSI something or
> other
> that I bought from Gerald about 18 months ago.  I rarely power this
> server
> up, but have decided to spend more time getting ready to put it into
> production.  So, I powered it up, and logged in via GUI, and proceeded
> do a YUM Update (via GUI).
>
> It has something like 332 updates to install...
>
> So, I let it go ahead, and everything appeared to proceed normally.
>
> Since the update, when I log in to the GUI as admin, I get a
> nearly-blank
> page instead of the main admin menu.  A PNG of the page is attached.
>
> I've rebooted the server a couple times, didn't help.
>
> Tried both Chrome and IE8 browsers, same result.  Both of these browsers
> did work fine before the YUM Update.  Also tried an old IE6 browser on
> another desktop, same problem.
>
> Logged in via SSH and tried a YUM Clean All then YUM Update again, but
> nothing is updated.
>
> Any ideas on what I can do to get my web GUI back?
>
> I did get a YUM Update report emailed to me, and can attach that if it
> is
> useful.  As far as I can see, it reports a successful update.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Thacker

Here's the HTML source of the blank main admin menu page in case that
prompts any clues:

--

<HTML>
<HEAD>

  <script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="/libJs/ajax_lib.js"></script>
  <script language="Javascript">
    <!--
      checkpassOBJ = function() {
        this.onFailure = function() {
          alert("Unable to validate password");
        }
        this.OnSuccess = function() {
          var response = this.GetResponseText();
          document.getElementById("results").innerHTML = response;
        }
      }

      function validate_password ( word ) {
        checkpassOBJ.prototype = new ajax_lib();
        checkpass = new checkpassOBJ();
        var URL = "/uifc/check_password.php";
        var PARAM = "password=" + word;
        checkpass.post(URL, PARAM);
      }

    //-->
  </script>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
// top.code may not exist yet
if(top.code != null && top.code.css_captureEvents != null)
  top.code.css_captureEvents(window);
</SCRIPT>

<BODY ALINK="#FFFFFF" onLoad=" return true"
STYLE="background-color:#D2D2D2;background-image:url(/libImage/BlueOnyx/BackgroundCorner.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:fixed;">
<FONT STYLE="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
<CENTER>

<FORM NAME="form" ID="form" ACTION="/nav/blank.php" METHOD="POST"
ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" >
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="_save" VALUE="">
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">

if (!document.form && document.getElementById)
 document.form = document.getElementById("form");

document._form_form_wait = 'Please wait for the changes to complete.';

function _Form_submitHandler_form() {
  var form = document.form;

  // call all handlers
  for(var i = 0; i < form.elements.length; i++) {
    element = form.elements[i];
    if(element.changeHandler != null && !element.changeHandler(element))
      return false;
    if(element.submitHandler != null && !element.submitHandler(element))
      return false;
  }

  return true;
}

document.form.onsubmit = _Form_submitHandler_form;
</SCRIPT>

<BR>

</FORM>

</CENTER>
</FONT>
</BODY>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
</HEAD>
</HTML>

--

Any ideas?