[BlueOnyx:02372] Re: RAM

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Sep 14 07:49:31 -05 2009

germano Soru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just looking for an opinion.
>
> I just acquired a Dell Poweredge 850 with a P4 3 GHz HT dual/GB SATA2
>
> At the moment it has 4x 512mb RAM (2 GB) but I was wondering if I max out
> the ram, i.e. I put 4 x 2 GB (8 GB) would I get a boost in performance. At
> the moment I will have a few websites which would be loaded some static and
> a few dynamic websites. Later on with a few projects we will be adding some
> video streaming 'n' whatnot.

Based on the application, I don't think the RAM is going to be a big
factor.

We have a couple racks of these, although we've been using the Pentium-D
(dual core, not HT) 3.4Ghz w/ 4meg cache with 2GB RAM doing general web
duty.  They push 2Mbps constant without breaking a sweat.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services