[BlueOnyx:02411] Re: AW-Stats migration

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 16 13:57:25 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

>> The customer's main concern is that his existing stats stay intact and
>> that his history doesn't reset to zero after the move.
>>

> It's hard to make a promise on that beforehand.
>
> But if his AWStats statistics reside under /home/sites/www.site.com/web/stats
> or under /home/sites/www.site.com/stats, chances are that it should work just
> fine.

Yup, understood.   As it stands now, the AW-Stats lives in
/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/plesk-stat on the Plesk server.  We can, of
course, move that content anywhere it needs to go.  I've got root to the
Plesk box, and I'm not afraid to use it.  (Truth is, we set it up a few
years ago.)

My concern is that the way the logging works differs between the two
platforms.   At worst I think we can retain the old reports as static
html files and then he can do the math.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services