[BlueOnyx:02462] /etc/shadow to regular MD5

DotHost | Martin Jensen martin at dothost.dk
Sun Sep 20 10:50:23 -05 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to make a database with all our users and their passwords in
MD5 format so we can look into a single database to authenticate the
users (from non BX servers).

However the passwords in /etc/shadow seems to be in some salted MD5
version because they all start with $1$. Does anybody know if it is
possible, and how to turn them into regular MD5?

I'm not thinking of changing the data in /etc/shadow, I made a program
that grabs usernames and passwords from the file, I just need the
regular MD5 for the centralized database.

Hope you get my meaning.

Thank you!

--
Martin