[BlueOnyx:05171] Re: disabling Tomcat...

Lucas Peyatt blueonyx at ohiowebhosting.net
Wed Aug 4 18:34:37 -05 2010

I have seen it randomly turn on and it uses a lot of memory just sitting idle.
Here is what I did to stop tomcat.

1) disable monitoring of tomcat in active monitor.
2) as root "/sbin/service tomcat5 stop"
3) as root "/sbin/chkconfig tomcat5 off"

I have yet to see tomcat start again after doing this.

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 22:36:35 +0200, Christoph Schneeberger wrote