[BlueOnyx:05197] Re: PHP versioning

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 9 23:41:43 -05 2010

Jeff Folk wrote:
> Will BlueOnyx be updating PHP to version (at least) 5.2 by the end of
> the year? I noticed that Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal are going to
> require at least 5.2 in the near future. We are already okay in the
> MySQL department (at least 5.0.15).

BlueOnyx doesn't have it's own PHP version.  We use the CentOS 5
version, so that would be a question best addressed by the CentOS team.

However, the 3rd party vendors (Compass, Solarspeed) typically release
commercial upgrades/plugins for those who require them.  In fact, I see
that PHP-5.3.3 and 5.2.14 are available.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services