[BlueOnyx:05198] Re: PHP versioning

Titus Bolton titus at antennasystems.com
Tue Aug 10 08:08:48 -05 2010

I wrote up a step by step tutorial on how to have dual PHP versions running at the same time.  If you want to have PHP 5.2/ PHP 5.3 running, you have to do a dual install (typically) so you don't break the BO GUI.  If you install PHP 5.3 and up, you have to upgrade MySQL too, because PHP uses MySQLND for the MySQL driver now.  So the tutorial will take you through the entire process, and if you're unfamiliar with Linux, it will help get you a little more familiar with it too.

http://www.comsiteconstruction.com/blueonyx-modifications

If you run into problems, let me know.  Also, make sure you back up everything, or try it out in a sandbox before doing it on a live site.  You're going to have to also install emacs too, or use nano instead of emacs.

Kind regards,

Titus Bolton
Antenna Systems & Solutions, Inc.
931 Albion Avenue
Schaumburg, Illinois 60193-4550
United States of America
Phone: +1-847-584-1000   Fax: +1-847-584-9951
http://www.antennasystems.com

GSA Contract Number: GS-35F-0479T
Electronic Counter Measures, Trap and Trace Devices, and accessories.

Watch our network broadcast television interviews on www.youtube.com/antennasystems

Confidentiality note:
This message is the property of Antenna Systems & Solutions, Inc. and contains information which may be privileged or confidential.  It is meant only for the intended recipients and/or their authorized agents.  If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy any printed or electronic copies of this message.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination, disclosure, or copying of this message or the information contained in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.   Thank you for your cooperation.