[BlueOnyx:05253] Re: new hardware

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 05:53:12 -05 2010

I guess we'd all be concerned if there was a risk of our servers being EOL,
like the old RAQ stuff.  We have the huge advantage of a well supported
standard architecture now.  We've seen some EOLing happening in one way...
BQ has turned to BO, but it's a benefit not a problem.  Even the 32bit stuff
will one day switch to 64bit as the talk suggests.

I personally think BO/BX is here to stay... simply because it runs on a a
poor, aging little P3 to an all-singing, all-dancing mega server with
gigablobs of memory and more cores than a orchard.