[BlueOnyx:05256] Re: new hardware

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 20 07:46:45 -05 2010

webmaster (Tim Gavigan) wrote:

> My current BX box is running on and old p4 with 256 meg of ram!   I
> would put more memory in it but I can get any more in the box.

Why not?  We have customers on P4's running hundreds of sites, but we'll
usually put 1 or 2GB in them.

> Worked great till about two weeks ago when I think I just have too many
> sites on it.

Is it a server load issue?   RAM makes all the difference.   What kind
of RAM does it have in it now, and what kind does it take?  I've got 2
bins in our parts closet stacked with obsolete RAM.  Maybe I can help.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services