[BlueOnyx:05302] Re: Blueonyx Digest, Vol 20, Issue 30

Gareth Thomas garethmob at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 08:36:53 -05 2010

ye sorry gerald the sendmail.mc

i created the email alias.

i created the mx record       and put it to my domain provider     made my router forward   imap   stmp  and pop3 to my webservers ip address

but i still get the no

my logwatch shows this if its any help

**Unmatched Entries**
  dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts): rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured: 96 Time(s)
  dovecot: pop3-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts): rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured: 96 Time(s)

thanks so much

Gareth

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 22:48 +0100, Gareth Thomas wrote:
> hey guys
>
> iv been trying to set up a email server for my domain
>
> the problem i get is i think my sendmail.mx is only allowing the loopback address     but when i get the email from my server    the logwatch    it shows dovecot can only see the loop back
>
> what can i do there?

sendmail.mx, I assume you mean sendmail.mc and/or sendmail.cf

On the site setup did you add an email alias
i.e. site name www.domain.tld email alias domain.tld

Gerald