[BlueOnyx:05303] Re: PHP 5.2.0

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Aug 31 09:34:37 -05 2010

Roland Paton wrote:
> I was just wondering if PHP 5.2.0 has been timelined yet.
>
> I have an application that I'd like to move from from my old BQ server,
> but the latest version of PHPGedView needs 5.2.0.
>
> I know that I can purchase 5.2.0, but would much prefer it come along
> through YUM, because I don't want to break anything!

As has been mentioned numerous times, PHP versioning in CentOS 5 is
unlikely to be changed.

This may be good news for you:  The SolarSpeed package installs
seamlessly and won't break a thing.   Several of our customers have been
quite pleased with it.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, then there have been a couple of other
posts on how to roll your own.  YMMV.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services