[BlueOnyx:03241] Re: php error

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Tue Jan 5 09:14:53 -05 2010

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Michaal.  I do appreciate it.

But that question has long since been answered satisfactorily, and I have
given up that cause. ;-).

The question I am asking about now is this:

I have a site (not multiple sites, in this situation, just one) that runs
Joomla.  A helper script that Joomla executes resizes article images and
puts them into a separate directory for viewing by the site's users.  On
Blue Quartz, the Joomla script operated under apache.siteX ownership.  Under
Blue Onyx, the Joomla script runs as apache.apache.

If I turn on SafeMode or SafeModeGid, the script will not produce resized
images, instead it produces an error about SafeMode.

What I am asking is whether or not I can get this site to be able to enable
SafeMode, or whether or not it is outside of the scope of Blue Onyx for
Apache to peacefully co-exist unless SafeMode is disabled.

So, if the site is owned by user siteX, group siteX, and scripts running as
Apache are creating files/directories owned by user apache, group apache,
how does SafeMode need to be configured to operate peacefully?