[BlueOnyx:03280] Re: dns issue

David Booth md at goulburn.net.au
Wed Jan 6 17:56:07 -05 2010

> Depends on the level of control you have over the servers and how the
> zones are set up... Looks to me like they are hosted on
> avalonglobal... Don't personally know how their name servers are set
> up.
>
> Hopefully, 66.51.110.254 has a secondary zone file feeding off of
> 64.141.17.199 which will update based on the ttl of the zone. If you
> have control over that secondary zone, tell the server to refresh that
> zone, otherwise it will occur automatically at SOME point. If you
> don't administer those servers, You'll have to contact them or wait...
>
> If (God forbid) both servers have those zone files as primary zones,
> you'll have to make the changes to the second server like the first.
>
> Jeff
>

> Ok so it looks like they have both servers set up as primary. So what
> I logged into ns2 and changed the records manually for that domain. I
> am not sure where 66.51.110.254 is coming from, because ns1(17.198)
> and ns2(17.140).

dig  www.versaframe.ca @ns1.avalonglobal.com

and

dig  www.versaframe.ca @ns2.avalonglobal.com

are showing identical to me, which they should be, so your problem is
fixed.

dig  www.versaframe.ca is inconsistent (sometimes returning
64.141.17.199 and sometimes 66.51.110.254) but that will be due to by
intermediate name servers' caching and will go away in ttl